Sunday, February 07, 2021

My Career in Football

 

A running football player
When I was in the seventh grade I joined the football team. I was not a large person, but the coach thought it would be a good idea for me to play in an offensive tackle position. I was run over on nearly every play, and that was just in practice sessions. 

I learned then what my formulating teenage mind had already suspected, coaches can be clueless and mean, sometimes nothing more than older versions of the bullies they probably were when they were in seventh grade. 

I didn't play organized football after that, I traded in football cleats for running shoes. Cross country better suited my scrawny self. Out on the race course, or training run, I didn't need to worry about the opinions and advice of seventh-grade football coaches.

I have never been a big football fan, but I will be watching the Super Bowl today. I hope there will be some great commercials!

0 comments: