Sunday, March 22, 2020

Time On My Hands, With No Driver

Turns out I have some time on my hands, so I thought I would return to making some things to share on my blog.

I have an old pc at home, that is limping along. I originally got it so I could practice coding on a system similar to what I would be using at a new job I started a few years ago. The past few years have seen the rise of open source software. With that in mind, I have avoided loading anything on this machine except open source software. One of the things I have installed is Gimp. I have opened it a few times in the past, but never really used it extensively. I am so familiar with Photoshop that using something else is frustrating. But I thought I would try out Gimp to see if I could do something similar to what I have done before.

Embrace the frustration! Collect a new experience! Be a beginner!

I started with a sketch on newsprint, using a Sharpy marker. I scanned it, opened it in Gimp and finished the drawing shown here. The "B" on the left stands for "Big fella being driven by his chauffeur." I think it looks pretty good! And it was cheap!

Big fella with a driver

0 comments: