Tuesday, January 22, 2008


So I had some time, and I had some oil paint that was sitting for too long without being used. I prepared a bunch of 8 x 10 inch boards for painting. They are actually scrap pieces of matt board, which I have a lot of since it's a natural by-product of my usual medium of watercolor. I coated them with gesso and let them dry. Then I did a series of paintings. The goal was to work as fast as possible and see what I ended up with. Here are a couple of samples. These two were a combination of oil, alkyd and alkyd medium. Others, not shown here were done with water mixable oil. That worked well too, but I'm not so keen on the smell. It was fun!