Friday, March 20, 2015

Baseball Season

I hear that some folks are playing preseason baseball in Florida.

When I was a young lad, I played baseball for two seasons on a pony league team. I think it was the summer after my seventh and eighth grade years.

I played in the right field (when I played), long before I knew why some kids were always put in the right field. I remember standing in the field, trying to say the chants that all real baseball players new how to say. Something like, "Come-batta-batta-batta." Seemed pretty silly to me.

When I wasn't sitting on the bench, or in the right field (trying to pay attention), I occasionally got a chance to bat. My batting average was consistent, and easy to remember...zero, 0, also know as .000.

Fortunately I learned to do other things with my life. But I do wish I could be in Florida for spring training. (I would skip the baseball.)


0 comments: