Monday, February 22, 2021

Mechanical Pictures

Picture of a robot

My grandboys love to play Minecraft and build things with Legos. When I was a boy we had Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys. I really enjoyed Tinkertoys. My brothers and I could build different contraptions, and if my brothers messed with me, I could make a sword and give them a poke in the ribs. 

Creativity for humans isn't about making something from nothing. Creativity is making something new from spare parts. I made this picture of a robot with a Sharpy marker on paper that somebody else made. I scanned it into my computer with a scanner and computer that somebody else made. I colored it with Affinity Designer, and added some text with a font that somebody else made.

Thanks to all of the people that made the stuff that helps me make stuff!

0 comments: