Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sight Seeing From Space

Spaceman in space

In my art school days, our teachers encouraged us to squint our eyes when we looked at our work, blurring our vision to check for overall compositional balance, contrast, that sort of thing. My good friend and room mate Bill wore glasses. He would wear them on the end of his nose, so he could quickly switch from blurry to sharp when he looked at his work. Later, my friend and teacher, Morrie Green would encourage people to do the same, he even had a cool name for it: the bi-lateral squint.

It seems sometimes the best way to look at things is to back up and view things from far away. That may be the best way to look at political events lately.

Maybe mom and dad were on to something when they sent me to my room to think about what I had done.

0 comments: